Bags made with polyvinyl alcohol (PVA), which is a fossil-based polymer. In contact with humidity, rain and oxygen the PVA is biodegradable, turning into a natural compost for land.
Our bags made of water-soluble materials are those that minimize the impact with the environment, since they are made of totally biodegradable materials, so if for any reason these materials end up in contact with nature as waste, they end up decomposing in a matter of hours or days depending on their formulation.
It’s recommended that they are consumed within 12 months. They should be stored very
carefully, maintaining constant room temperature and avoiding humidity and direct sunlight.
They are not suitable for all applications because of their water solubility.
Characteristics of Rovi Packaging’s water-soluble plastics:
- Fossil-based polymer.
- Biodegradable: this polymer is decomposed into CO 2 , water and other basic molecules,
becoming totally integrated in the environment.
- They are soluble in water: for this reason they are not suitable for all applications.
- Non-toxic: once decomposed, they are fully integrated into natural cycles without
leaving a mark on the environment.
- Compostable: they behave like organic waste, allowing them to be transformed into natural fertilizer.
- Customizable: they can be printed with inks that are degradable and innocuous to the
- We have three types of formulations depending on the temperature of the water at which the material is soluble, so it is classified as
- AT: soluble from 40ºC
- MT: soluble between 10ºC and 20ºC
- LV: soluble between 5ºC and 10ºC
- Film thickness from 20 to 80 microns.
- All our products have biodegradability and non-toxicity certificate.